Saturday 3 January 2015

Summer smoothie recipe

It's hot in Sydney. So hot that in yoga this morning the heat wasn't on, the windows were open and I was sweating like I'd just run a desert marathon. Coming back home (or crawling back home) I wasn't into just any regular breakfast and definitely nothing cooked on the stove. I needed something that was cool, refreshing and fruity. The epitome of summer refuge. So, I threw some ingredients into a blender and voilĂ ! Definitely a flexible, easy recipe that's a keeper. And, to be honest, that's something I highly value in a recipe - flexible and easy. 

Banana Smoothie
serves 2 people 

1 whole tray of ice cubes
2 bananas
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/2 c. almond or coconut milk
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Or mix it up and add or replace with any fruit you're craving!


No comments:

Post a Comment