Friday 9 January 2015

Seriously, are you aware of your potential? Because I'm not.

I was folded in half in yoga today and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Literally, my nose was resting between my toes. Now, half of me is in pain and I'm struggling to walk because my hips are so sore. It's awkward and my muscles hurt. But, at the same time I'm stoked because I did something that I never thought I'd be flexible enough to do. Yes, it's always weird when the yoga instructor practically lies on you to encourage your body to stretch, but if they hadn't have pushed me I won't have ever pushed myself that far into the poses today. I felt kind of yucky still from being sick, weak at the same time and was taking it easy but even so, on a bad day, I did something I find amazing. I was able to fold myself in half, in two different poses! Miraculous!

Or maybe not. How much more is there that I'm capable of achieving yet I hold myself back from? What would you do if you had no fear? No sense of consequence? Embraced your child self a little more often? Maybe didn't kill your your own creativity? Think of how much more we could all be achieving! I honestly believe we have no idea what we are capable of achieving, as individuals or as communities.

Maybe it's because we are creatures of habit or maybe it's just because sometimes we need someone to give us a little push in the right direction, but either way it's still our own potential and there is so much of it that we need to tap into.

So, the next time you are considering all the reasons why that dream job role is so out of reach, or the pretzel yoga pose is just too crazy outside of your abilities, if it feels impossible, there is a good chance you'll be able to achieve it. Plus, you might even be good at it.

We have so much potential. Let's use it for the good. The good of ourselves and the good of our world.

Love, gratitude, strength, empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment