Tuesday 3 February 2015

Bathroom Ikea Hack

Know what an Ikea hack is? You probably do if you've ever come across this website:


…where people take Ikea pieces and make them into things they're not. If Ikea hacking is a new thing to you, allow me to introduce it to you because it is pretty cool. People do some awesome stuff with Ikea furniture. There are cabinets made into bars, tables transformed into ceiling sculptures, and my personal favourite, kitchen trollies made into bathroom washstands. 

So, when there were no standard vanities that would fit in our teeny, tiny bathroom space to replace our existing atrocious vanity, I got frustrated and then creative. (It's amazing what positivity can blossom out of negativity sometimes!) I came across the Ikea Hackers website through a Pinterest post and I stole the idea of converting a kitchen trolley into a washstand with mounted basin! Witness the following:


Oh no, I didn't build it! I have very little talent in that area. I struggle to even to assemble Ikea items! But, if you're lucky like I am, maybe you have an exceptionally talented, handy partner at home to build your ideas.

So, I encourage you to think outside the box (or, the bounds of your conventional room) and use something for something it isn't usually used for. It can even be cheaper than your standard inexpensive, pre-made alternatives!

Good luck and happy building!


No comments:

Post a Comment