Wednesday 20 May 2015

Green Chocolate Smoothie Recipe

It's winter here so it's kind of crazy to be in a smoothie craze but I can't help myself. There is something about putting a bunch of random ingredients into a blender and bam! something completely new and delicious is created. I hear ya, now you might be a little put off and hesitant to even read the recipe. Honestly, if you would have introduced me to it a few months ago, my reaction would have probably been one word - ewwwww. But seriously, I have been converted. Give it a try. Spinach and chocolate really do go together!

So, here it is. A super duper healthy smoothie that is delicious and nutritious.


Green & Chocolate Smoothie

1 tray of ice cubes
1 handful of dates
1 frozen banana
1 handful spinach or kale
1/2 c. plain yoghurt
1/2 avocado
1 c. almond or coconut milk
1 1/2 tbsp. raw cacao
2 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tsp. maca powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. tumeric

*Ingredient amounts depend on what flavours you want to be punchy and bold and what ones you want to hide. 


Put all ingredients in a blender and blend away!

Don't be turned off by the colour! I promise, it tastes way better than it looks. And, if you want to hide the green, put in more cacao.





No comments:

Post a Comment