Tuesday 17 March 2015

What am I obsessed with at the moment?

Pinterest. Yes, I can't get enough. But, let me take it a step further. Recipes. Hold up! Let's be honest, it's all about the raw balls. Yummmmmm…delicious, nutritious, wholesome, little raw balls of sweet bliss. And, the ingredient combinations are endless! Seriously, they can include every thing from cacao to tahini and everything in-between! (I could be getting a little too excited as I have yet to put veggies in them but hey, never say never!)

It's about time for a recipe of two! In true Alison style, I have adapted each recipe to fit my tastes so here are some tried and tested.

I'm going to say it straight up. I'm not a huge fan of nuts. I hate (loathe, despise, abhor, etc) peanuts and peanut butter. The only two types of nuts I am..let's just say...comfortable with are macadamias and almonds. I stay well away from most others. Thus, I adapt a lot of recipes and use these two choices whenever the uncomfortable word nuts is used.

One last thing before the recipes, let me just highlight a key word…raw. This is an amazing, powerful and inherently simple thing but so under-rated. It's almost like the backbone of wholesome and healthy. Get a little more raw. Geez, it even sounds cool. Before I am tempted to digress, this is one of the best things about these recipes is that they're freakin' raw.

Apricot Macadamia Bliss Balls

300g dried apricots
110g macadamias
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla
pinch salt
Directions: Combine ingredients in a food processor. Roll into balls. Easy as that! One, two, wait...that's it!


Chocolate Truffles

Let's be honest, these aren't pretty. They look like rolled dirt. But boy do they taste good!
Approx 20 dates
3/4c. almond meal
1/4c. macadamias
1/4c. almond/chia butter
1/4c. raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
Directions: Same as above!


I don't have a picture for these but again, they were kind of ugly so it's probably a good thing I don't!

Carrot Cake Power Bites

4 softened, peeled & grated carrots 
(I know, not really raw but oh well. Raw might be fine too though!)
1/2c. dates
1/2c. almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2c. almond meal
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
dash of ground ginger
Directions: The usual, combine and roll.

And these 3 are just the tip of the raw iceberg! There are so many more ball/bite recipes I want to try! Cinnamon Caramel Apple, Gingerbread, Chocolate Peppermint, Maca Truffles, Caramel Macadamia, Apple Pie, Matcha Bliss...

#yum #getinmybelly

No comments:

Post a Comment